Well, I survived yesterday!! 🙂 I even turned down the TWO desserts staring me in the face last night at the banquet we attended. Woohoo!
I realized last night that I had given info about my dinners along with my exercise schedule for the week, but I have a KILLER smoothie recipe that I thought you might enjoy. I drink this smoothie for breakfast nearly every morning, and it keeps me full for several hours.
I got this recipe from my best friend since Kindergarten, Cari. She’s given me lots of recipes over the years, including this one!
- 1 c. frozen or fresh berries (I use a combination of blueberries and strawberries, but you could use whatever berries you like. FYI, if you use fresh berries you’ll probably want to add some ice)
- 1/4 c. non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk (you could use regular cow’s milk if you want, just watch for any added sugar)
- 1 rounded scoop vanilla whey protein powder (try to find the kind without any added sugar. It will keep you from crashing)
Simply mix everything together in a blender, pour into a cup, and enjoy!
- Here’s just one helpful hint when drinking this absolutely “so delicious you’ll think you’re drinking a milkshake” smoothie, keep some dental floss nearby. The blueberries especially like to hide in the tiny crevices of your pearly whites. 🙂