For me, this year has been an experiment in health and weight loss. So far, I have lost 20 pounds and have successfully kept it off for the past several weeks…until today! My laziness has crept back up on me and all of that hard work I put in is starting to fade, not to mention my energy levels! Today, I saw that scale take a turn for the worse! The cycle continues!!! UGH!
So, I’ve decided to give myself a little challenge…a 21 day challenge to be exact! I spent several weeks during my weight loss journey completely cutting out certain foods!
“Don’t you feel so deprived?”
I was consistently asked this question by so many people! My answer was always, “YES! But indulgence is what made me FAT in the first place. So, a little deprivation is okay!”
As soon as I lost that 20 pounds I began adding pretty much all foods back into my diet. My original plan was to take it slowly; but, of course, temptation got the better of me and instead of taking things slow, I dove right in! Cakes, breads, ice cream (oh, sweet, sweet, mint chocolate chip ice cream), creme brule, wine, beer, cookies, pretzels! You name it, and I ate and drank it! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Here is what my 21 Day Challenge entails.
I’m saying NO to…
- any added sugars
- starchy carbs (breads, pastas, rice, potatoes, etc)
I’m saying YES to..
- 1200 calories/day (I’m a pretty avid record keeper when it comes to counting calories)
- exercise at least 30 minutes/day 5 days/week (this one will probably be the hardest one)
- dairy once a day (greek yogurt in a smoothie in the morning won’t count, but I freakin’ LOVE cheese!)
- lean proteins (chicken, fish, lean red meats)
- veggies GALORE!!!
My 21 day challenge will start tomorrow 2/27 and will end on Sunday 3/18. I will keep you updated regarding my progress. Hopefully, at the end of this challenge I will feel more energetic and maybe a few pounds lighter! 🙂
Wish me luck!